APPLY NOW TO START AN EXCITING CAREER WITH NU-AGE MANAGED SERVICES™
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Pearl River, NY
Nu-Age Managed Services (NAMS), located in Pearl River NY, is looking to immediately hire a full time Senior Systems Engineer with 10+ years hands-on experience with physical and virtual data center infrastructure. Technologies including, but not limited to – Blade Server technology, Fibre Channel SAN Storage, VMware Data Center Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization, Active Directory and Windows Servers. In this role the Senior Systems Engineer will be a technical lead and SME on the Engineering team when it comes to design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems in and out of our Data Center. A Senior Engineer also serves as an escalation point from our NOC and other Systems Engineers/Admins.
Senior Systems Responsibilities & Duties
• Manage and maintain datacenter infrastructure of NAMS and our clients – Physical & Virtual Servers, Virtual Desktops, and SAN Storage.
• Advanced VMware vSphere deployments, configuration, patching, troubleshooting.
• Provide L3 & L4 support on issues escalated from the NOC – as well as alerts and warnings coming in from our monitoring system.
• Be aware and react to down alerts and warnings coming in from our monitoring system, communicate and investigate in a timely fashion – escalate when necessary.
• Be flexible and available to respond after hours and on weekends (planned and un-planned)
• Coordinate and perform system changes with strict adherence to our Change Control policy
• Ensure tickets are created, assigned, and updated appropriately with accurate time entries and resolution details.
• Perform installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Servers of various roles (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, File and Print Services) per industry standard best practices.
• Management and support of all hosted client Exchange environments, as well as O365 tenants where applicable.
• Work with 3rd party vendors to perform installation, configuration, patching and support for their respective software (Eg. Maas360, Forcepoint, WSO, Veeam)
• Backup Infrastructure Management (Veeam/ExaGrid) – ensure backup jobs run successfully each day and remediate failures. Work with support as necessary when any issues arise and ensure backup infrastructure performance and capacity is optimal.
• Assist in the creation of BOMs (Bill of Materials), obtaining quotes from vendors where necessary – for the purpose of solution costing for new implementations.
• Work with PM to define project scope and milestones of projects, as well as provide updates for in-flight projects on a regular basis.
Senior Systems Engineer Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 10 years as a hands-on highly technical IT Professional required
• VMware vSphere – VCP Certification
• Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Valid (non-suspended or limited) Driver’s License and dependable transportation for timely work attendance and/or occasional supply or materials errands as needed or required.
Senior System Engineer Skills
• Extensive hands-on experience with Data Center Infrastructure – e.g., Cisco UCS, HP Blade System, VxRail, Nutanix, IBM FlashSystem, HPE Nimble or 3PAR, NetApp.
• Strong ability in designing and implementing physical and virtual environments to best practices.
• Advanced troubleshooting of VMware components – VCSA, ESXi, VDS, HA, DRS.
• Experience working with Load Balancer technology such as F5, Citrix, Kemp.
• Experience with or solid understanding of TCP/IP networking – VLANs, Routing, DHCP, DNS
• Ability to develop solutions to existing problems using historical precedence and fact-based problem solving.
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot any technical problem – leveraging knowledge, experience, and intuition to quickly formulate a remediation plan.
• Ability to gain In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Ability to quickly learn and appropriately utilize internal applications and knowledge bases as needed for timely completion of daily tasks.
• Ability to work in concert with a team or independently, with or without direct supervision/guidance as needed.
• Ability to self-manage and multi-task while making on complex technologies.
• Ability to consistently comply with established procedures, rules, and regulations.
Technical Requirements :
• VMware vSphere Enterprise
o vRealize Operations Manager
o Distributed Switches, NSX Manager
o Update Manager, PowerCLI
o VM, VCSA, ESXi troubleshooting and maintenance
• Hands-on Server & Storage Experience
o Cisco UCS/Dell/HPE – Blade Systems
o Backup Appliances – eg. ExaGrid, Aberdeen, PowerVault
o SAN Storage – NetApp, Nimble, IBM FlashSystem
▪ Fibre & Zoning
▪ ISCSI Networking and Configuration
• Windows Server 2008-2019
o Active Directory
o Group Policies
o DHCP, DNS
• Microsoft Exchange / O365 – Administration
o Exchange Server 2013+
o O365 Exchange Online
o Microsoft Teams
• Solid Networking
o TCP/IP, Basic Firewall and Routing
Nice to have :
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
o VMware Horizon
o Citrix Xen Desktop
• O365 / Teams Migration Experience
• Veeam Backup & Replication
• Network & Server Monitoring tools. eg. PRTG
• Load Balancers – eg. F5, Citrix, KEMP
Who You Are
• Detail oriented, working with a high level of diligence.
• Passionate about technology and learning.
• Ability to pick up skills quickly and adapt on the fly.
• Strong communications skills (verbal and written) – clear, concise, and timely.
• Strong technical documentation & diagraming skills.
• Time management skills in prioritizing your daily tasks.
Compensation and Benefits
• Full-Time, Monday through Friday, with after-hours work as needed.
• Flexible Shift Schedule, Remote Work flexibility offered, requiring manager pre-approval.
• Comp time credited back for after-hours work.
• Salary 120k~ – Depending on experience.
• Medical, dental insurance based upon length of service qualifications.
• United Healthcare Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision – 70%.
• 401k 3% match – After 1yr employment.
• Leave benefits including paid Time Off and paid family medical leave.
• On-site amenities of Blue Hill Plaza: Cafeteria, Post Office, FedEx & UPS drop-off, Day care, Convenience store, Vending Machines, Hair Salon, and Gym membership (Company Discount).
Nu-Age Managed Services is a managed services provider with an array of offerings including helpdesk support, server solutions, network monitoring, and cyber security threat detection. Our ‘white glove’ service approach gives us an edge over our competitors, but our team is the true differentiating factor. We invest in our staff and clients as much as they invest in us, and our vision speaks to that.
Partnership – We believe in the power of long-lasting partnerships, providing our clients with high quality service and sustainable solutions which help them achieve their objectives.
Accountability – We obtain superior results by challenging and proving ourselves every day to deliver on our promise of exceeding the client’s high expectations.
Integrity – A commitment to honesty, fairness and standing by our word.
Empowerment – A team who carries out the values and vision of Nu-Age with the authority to be decisive.
Thoughtful creativity – Continually examine our people, processes, and technology to provide unique, creative, and efficient solutions that meet evolving challenges.
Transparent Communication – A consistent willingness to engage in tough conversations with subordinates, peers, customers, vendors, and business partners through openness and respect.
Teamwork – Strive for a sense of comradery while working together to achieve common goals of the team, clients, and Nu-Age.
Nu-Age Managed Services is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.